The Boot Camp combined various forms of learning, including lectures, discussions, workshops, and hands-on exercises. The students built their own e-commerce store from scratch. Topics covered included understanding e-commerce trends, ideation and concept development for e-commerce stores, hands-on implementation with Shopify, supply chain management and logistics, product sourcing strategies, designing engaging user experiences, maximizing the potential of Shopify, streamlining payment processes, and SEO and content strategies for e-commerce success.
- Day 1: Ideation and planning – the students learned about e-commerce trends and worked on their e-commerce business model.
- Day 2: Development and implementation – the students set up their Shopify stores and learned about logistics and supply chain management.
- Day 3: Testing, refinement, launch – the students tested their stores, optimized them, and prepared for launch.
The students acquired skills in e-commerce business planning, website design and development using Shopify, supply chain management, digital marketing, SEO optimization, and website testing and refinement. In addition, industry professionals gave interesting insights into real-world e-commerce operations during guest speaker sessions.
- Ignacio Di Napoli, Merchant Growth Consultant Shopify
- Sukh Takhar, E-Commerce Consultant & Strategist
- Suryakant Kumar, Student Representative Hochschule Bremen
- Christine Gneuss, Marketing Director & SEO Specialist Monash University
- Florian Bacquier, E-Commerce Media & Activation Manager Groupe SEB
The three days were very educational and inspiring to everyone who attended. We would like to thank Dr. Hubert Joo-Kitano for hosting this great event!