The extra-occupational Master of Business Administration of the International Graduate Center (IGC) is primarily aimed at ambitious individuals who would like to master the complex executive duties of middle and upper management positions in their career. The high level of this MBA's flexibility allows you to tailor the course plan to your needs, thus helping you achieve a work-family-university balance while fulfilling your educational goals. Furthermore, reducing the number of modules or applying for a leave semester are possible upon request for job and family related reasons such as an important project or a parental leave.
- Internationally oriented general management program
- Cross-functional management skills
- Development of strong leadership skills
- Good balance between work, family and studies
- Two one-week seminars abroad
- Flexible study structure
- Team-oriented teaching methods in small groups and workshops
- International orientation
- High practical orientation
- Networking skills
- Possibility of assigning individual modules
- Visa allowing for working in Germany
- First degree with at least 210 ECTS in a non-business field
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience
- Very good German (C1) and good English language skills
- International and interdisciplinary studies open up a wide range of professional opportunities
- Development of versatile competences thanks to strong cooperation in international teams
- After successful completion of the program, the assumption of management tasks of the middle and upper management is possible
- Strategic thinking skills via the application of management techniques and solution methods in entrepreneurial decision-making processes
Program description - MBA Part-time
Take the next step in your career with this extra-occupational program
The extra-occupational Master of Business Administration of the International Graduate Center Bremen offers future executives the opportunity to further their education without having to give up their current job. To ensure a good work-life-education balance, the lectures take place on Friday evenings and Saturdays. This four to five-semester course combines 90 percent traditional education methods with ten percent of blended learning elements. Practice-oriented learning: Your professional experience is of particular importance in this postgraduate course. Here, you will have the chance to contribute during workshops, case studies and interactive discussions within small workgroups. The seminars are run by highly qualified professors of the University of Applied Sciences Bremen, as well as economic experts and leading managers with many years of professional experience. Seminars abroad: The modules of this program focus on functions and processes in a company, its management, financing, corporate accounting, as well as business and employment law. In the course of your studies you will choose a thematic focus of international marketing, international logistics or leadership challenges. You will also attend two one-week seminars abroad. After successfully completing the modules, you will write your master's thesis in English in the fourth or fifth semester. The fees can be paid per semester or in monthly installments. Please note for your information that the part-time MBA study and the associated costs are tax deductible.
With the MBA at the International Graduate Center you take the right decision for a successful future. It builds upon the knowledge and experience gained from your previous studies as well as your work experience. On this solid foundation we optimally prepare you for the your future leadership responsibilities."