The FlexMaster in Cultural Management is tailored to professionals in the cultural area with a scientific first degree and interest in postgraduate studies that they can organize according to their own pace and interests. Students compiling their own program with individually chosen modules can profit from this flexibility in two ways: On the one hand, a good compatibility between study, family and job is enabled. In terms of changing work schedules or projects abroad, parental leave and strong professional stress, the FlexMaster Kulturmanagement can be usefully integrated. On the other hand, professionals can extend their cultural management competences according to their own interests and career prospects. Participating in lectures together with the Master Kulturmanagement students, you will be prepared for management and leadership tasks in the cultural sector and be trained with regard to your personal and social competences.
- Studying single modules at your own pace from the curriculum of the Master Kulturmanagement
- Collected modules will be credited when enrolling for the Master Kulturmanagement later on
- Good compatibility between study, family and job
- Visa allowing for working in Germany
- Excellent German language skills (level C1)
- Academic degree with at least 210 ECTS
- Minimum of one-year work experience
- Interest in management and leadership roles in the cultural sector
- Rise in your current organisation
- Marketing role in cultural organisations
- Cultural work in other organisations
- Management of cultural institutes (i.e. museums or theaters)
- Organisation of festivals and events
- Socio-cultural consulting
Program description - FlexMaster Kulturmanagement
Step by step to the Master Kulturmanagement
Studying the FlexMaster Kulturmanagement, you can develop your individual study concept tailored to your own interests and time available. After having successfully completed a module from the curriculum of the Master Kulturmanagement (M.A.), students receive a certificate of the Hochschule Bremen and 6 ECTS. When deciding to enrol for the part-time Master Kulturmanagement later on, the already completed modules will be credited by the graduate centre. Regarding the content of teaching, lecturers of the FlexMaster Kulturmanagement teach up-to-date and application-driven business knowledge to their students. Apart from that, participants of this Flex program deal in a scientifically founded and practice-oriented way with those tasks cultural managers are confronted with. By doing this, tools needed in the cultural sector for strategic planning, management and leadership will be learned. The seminars are conducted in German and generally take place in classroom on Friday evening and Saturday all day at the IGC.
Arts & Culture in Society
16.3. - 12.7.
Entrepreneurship I: Business Basics of Cultural Management
15.3. - 13.7.
1.3. - 27.4.
Strategic Management & Marketing
Entrepreneurship II: Project & Event Management, Business Planning
Entrepreneurship III: Leadership & Personnel Development
The Environment of Cultural Enterprise – Law, Media and Public
30.3. - 13.7.
Infonomics: Accounting, Controlling, Financing, Statistics
8.3. - 31.5.
Organizational & Cultural Development
1.3. - 29.6.
The Practice of Cultural Enterprise
Key Competences or Accompanied Short Internship
Contact - Program Coordinator
The FlexMaster program leaves room for flexibility when planning the course of your studies and allows compatibility of job - family - education.“