Please provide the following enclosures for your application:
- proof of previous university degree(s) and transcripts (1)
- copies of your passport or birth certificate (1)
- curriculum vitae (1)
- prof of knowledge of the English language (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS) (2)
- a letter of recommendation by an university teacher or employer (2)
- an essay outlining my interest in the program (2)
- passport photograph (2)
- proof of practical knowledge or work experience (MBA applicants only) (1)
- original APS-Certificate (for Chinese and Vietnamese applicants only) (1)
(1) necessary documents for admission
(2) documents must be provided during the enrollment process at latest
Original degree or certified copies of original documents required. If you submit regular copies for the application,you have to present the original documents on enrolment. Documents other than in English or German have to be translated into English or German by a recognized translator for the application.
General admission requirements
- An undergraduate (bachelor) degree or equivalent with an above average performance
- MBA only: One year of work experience in a business environment (recommended two years) after graduation
- Minimum TOEFL score of 560, IELTS of 6,0 or prior studies in English
- GMAT is not required in general but could be considered positively in the application process
- A reference letter of an university or company
All documents you need to attach to your online-application are indicated on this page (see list below). If some of your documents should not be available yet, you can submit them later on until the deadline. The missing documents have to be submitted on enrolment at the latest. Please be aware that applications without supporting documents can not be processed. You are able to upload missing documents over this web-form if you have applied already.
The International Graduate Center may accept applications past the regular application deadline. Your application would then be placed on a waiting list.
During the application period you will receive the admission or refusal of your application in about three to four weeks via email and ground (air-)mail.
If you have any question about the application procedure, please contact the Admission Office or use our interactiv web-app StudyApp.
For a more faster and convenient way we would recommend to use the online-application. If you are not able to use it for any reason you are welcome to apply with the print-out application form. You can download this application form on the right side of this page. If desired, we would also send you application forms and further information about courses of studies via e-mail or ground. For this purpose please use our contact form to get in touch with us. There is no difference regarding the supporting documents between online and paper application. Please see section "Application documents" on this page.